Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Question about UVA-Wise

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    I just replied to you because yours was the last post.

    I'm not really sure what you're trying to say....

    All I was trying to say was in no way shape or form is the Town of Wise ready to handle a significant amount of off-campus housing. I managed a 650 bedroom community for off-campus students for 7 years and it can be an absolute disaster without the right management. No one around here has experience in that. I've seen how landlords handle their real estate around here - it's sorry.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #12
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    I know but we both bring up good ideas.
    You don't turn lose a teen or pre-adult.
    My only problem is the BOS and others are trying to help the college and local economy and other economies
    Problem is.
    The local folks only see it as i can get out of it what i can.
    That will be the things that will hurt UVA-Wise.
    Those who want and demand money. Sure you have land there. But be realistic other than the college who else is gonna buy it.
    It's basically college campus land.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    Why does the school need to buy more land, they allready have more than enough behind the upper parking and football practice field that they can build on.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    The land behind the upper parking is actually part of a wetlands study being done by the biology dept. that or it is part of the strip mining reclamation study that they were doing last year when I was up there
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    I figured that they had some excuse for not using this land. They will have all kinds of reasons for doing so but the real reason behind not using it is grant money for bs studies. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member madden57's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2003
    Posts
    58
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    Ok guys i am the President Residence Hall Association(RHA) here on campus at wise..in the fall the new residence hall will be opeing..and yes the college is adopting a new policy that states if you live out side of wise county you will have to live on campus..unless you summit and are given a waiver.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    what is the reasoning for that? Do they not wanting people that live outside of Wise renting houses in Wise?
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    No, they want to move UVA-W away from being mostly a commuter college. They think students can get more out of their college experience by living it 24/7.

    Actually, the new rule is only for incoming freshmen.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    oh ok. That's better if it is just freshmen. I was just wondering.
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Question about UVA-Wise

    Many colleges and universities implement a policy similar to this one.

    The line of thinking is:
    1) force the students into immersion on campus (separate them from home, teach independence & campus life).
    2) fill the dorms

    Each college has their own exemptions.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •